Meat is undoubtedly one of the dishes most appreciated by the human being. Although all types of meat have a similar protein composition, they differ in the quality of the fat (the more saturated this fat, the less healthy it will be).
In general, meat is a very good source of essential amino acids, vitamins and minerals. Although it has many beneficial properties, excessive consumption can also lead to problems (a maximum of one steak per day is recommended). On the other hand, depending on the type of meat we consume, we will obtain one or other properties that are worth highlighting to learn a little more about this product so consumed today:
Porcine meat is one of the most consumed in our country, both in lean meat not previously processed as in other forms such as Iberian sausages. Although it depends a lot on the cut (being, for example, a lean pork loin rather than a rib), in general we can say that:
– They have a high content of proteins of great biological value
– A lower fat content than people think.
– High content of minerals such as iron, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium or potassium.
– It is highly recommended in times of growth and for proper muscle function.
In short, we should not demonize any type of meat or make any essential in our diet, since the ideal is variety and follow a balanced diet, because they all bring us considerable benefits if not taken in excess.
Beef is also very consumed today in Spain, and has several properties that are worth highlighting:
– It supplies energy to the muscles, thanks to its high content of sarcosine.
– Accelerates metabolism and improves the immune system thanks to its abundant vitamin B6.
– They contain little fat, and the one that contains also has abundant linoleic acid that helps to recover the tissues of the body.
– It is highly recommended for athletes because it contains plenty of carnitine that helps improve metabolism.
Meat of birds (chicken and turkey).
It is the third largest meat consumed in our country in terms of volume. A simple meat to make and with multiple benefits, how we see next:
– They are highly digestive meats that regulate cholesterol levels in the body.
– They protect the nervous system by containing elements such as riboflavin, niacin and thiamine.
– Strengthens organic activity thanks to the large amount of minerals present in them.